[Techtalk] How to do Multi-Language documents and e-mail...

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 15:07:19 UTC 2016

Hey there,

agoats at compuserve.com wrote:

> IBus is next on my list to try, but it may take a while before I
> get back with progress/status. Literature out there rates it
> highest and with the greatest amount of success integrating with
> other software. Thanks Little Girl for that input!

Any time! I actually tried it the same day that you had originally
written about it, and it does nothing on my system, even after
installing the German language.

I currently use Linux Mint MATE, and it's possible there's something
about Linux Mint that prevents it from working, because my son was
able to run it just fine in Ubuntu with MATE on it, and he did nothing
different from what I did to get his to work. I've seen him use it,
and it's really quite cool how it works.

I'll be installing Ubuntu with MATE on it in the near(ish) future,
and will try it again then. Hopefully you have better luck with it
than I did, and hopefully I'll have better luck with it after
switching operating systems.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.