[Techtalk] C programming study group

Camilla camillamon at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 17:46:23 UTC 2014

Hello all,

just a quick update on the study group:

-there are now 10 people signed up for the study group!
-we're officially kicking off tomorrow, but you're welcome to follow at
your own pace
-course materials will be posted online on Piazza forum
-the Kernighan & Ritchie book C programming book (2nd edition) is available
online (Google is you friend. If you need help finding it, please let me
know)
-I'm trying to get my hands on the other books recommended and will
probably have them by next week so we can have a more varied assortment of
exercises.
-I'm trying to setup an IRC channel for discussions related to the study
group

A note on Git and Github:
-as Alison wrote in her email, knowing git is a big part of participating
in a collaborative project. I've setup a Github organization for this
course (https://github.com/LinuxChix-courses) and all of you are welcome to
create repos and push answers to your exercises. Please email me the name
of your Github account and I will add you to the organization. I'll also
add some resources on using Git to the Piazza course page. If you are a
completely new to git, now is a great time to learn how to use it! Please
get in touch with me or post a question on the forum if you can't get git
to behave!

Please send me feedback and suggestions! This is the first time I'm trying
out something like this and I'm not sure I know what I am doing (at least
not a 100%).

Kind regards,
Camilla