[Techtalk] [Grrltalk] linux.conf.au CFP closes soon!

Jessica crystalsinger at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 06:21:00 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 3:30 PM, Lana Brindley <lbrindle at redhat.com> wrote:

linux.conf.au is one of the biggest open source conferences in the southern
> hemisphere, and is now in the final days of the call for speakers. There
> are a variety of talk slots to be filled, anything related to open source
> is eligible, and travel and accommodation assistance is available. There's
> not much time left though, so you'll need to hurry over to
> http://linux.conf.au/cfp and put your proposal in quickly!
>
> If you're new to speaking, new to LCA, or just a little bit nervous, feel
> free to ping me (Loquacity on IRC, or on this email address) with your
> questions. I'm more than happy to guide you through the process or help
> clear up any confusion.
>
> Anything you do that is related to open source is a suitable talk topic,
> so have a think about what you're doing right now, and then head over to
> the site and put your proposal in.

As an added bonus, the LCA2014 team just announced that even if your
proposal isn't selected, you can still win a 'Golden Ticket' (i.e. a free
pass to attend the conference at the 'professional' ticket level) just by
submitting a proposal - http://linux.conf.au/media/news/26 They will pick
one person who submitted a proposal that doesn't get selected and give them
a freebie to go to the conference anyway, excellent!

So if you had an idea kicking around the back of your brain but for
whatever reason haven't put electrons to screen, now is the time. You can
submit until this Saturday (6th July).

Cheers,

Jessica