[Techtalk] Linux mail clients?

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Mon Jan 24 04:35:49 UTC 2011

carla writes:
> Yes, I want Icedove to use my local maildir store, because that holds
> five years of email messages from Kmail. I don't believe it can.

Sounds like you've settled on Claws, but just in case you ever
hit this again ...
Maildir and mbox formats are both pretty simple -- googling
convert "maildir to mbox" gets lots of hits, including a really tiny
Python script to do the job:
http://yergler.net/projects/one-off/maildir-to-mbox/
I love how Python has libraries for everything!

(The comments on that page are also a good reminder of why
smartquotes are evil and should die. :-)

	...Akkana