[Techtalk] What distro?

Benjamin M. A'Lee bma-linuxchix at bma.cx
Sun Oct 17 22:00:39 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 04:48:05PM -0500, Billie Walsh wrote:
> If Linux users really want to spread the word maybe they should take the
> time to go through that long drawn out dialog. It will eventually come
> down to the newbie being a true convert. Then when they have a really
> big problem they will be willing to open the terminal and type/paste in
> some command

Personally, I would have thought that a method that reaches a solution
quickly would be better for everybody concerned, rather than a
time-consuming and tedious method just to avoid "scaring" the
user. For a start, I doubt that the amount of time it would take to go
through all the menus to find the solution would impress a newbie who
just wants to get some work done.

--
Benjamin M. A'Lee || bma at bma.cx || gpg: 0x166891C7 || http://bma.cx/
We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few,