[Techtalk] Criteria for TLDs

Kelly Jones kelly.terry.jones at gmail.com
Mon May 11 13:39:20 UTC 2009

Actually, Greenland wasn't a country when the TLD was assigned, though
it will become one next month (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenland).

I probably chose a bad example. Here are some better ones:

US Virgin Islands (.vi), a US territory
Heard Island and McDonald Islands (.hm), uninhabited Australian territory
Reunion Island (.re), part of France
British Indian Ocean Territory (.io), uninhabited UK territory

My point: many non-independent islands smaller and less important than
Hawaii have TLDs.