[Techtalk] postfix master.cf file

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Fri Jun 19 13:37:16 UTC 2009

Maria McKinley <maria at shadlen.org> writes:

> I am switching from just using spamassassin to using spamassassin with
> amavisd-new and clamav.

[...]

> Comments? Will there be unintended consequences or is there a better way to
> do this?

Amavisd-new has a configuration setting that tells it where your "local" email
comes from.  It can then use that to help make replies less likely to trigger
spam stuff on the way back in, but also to avoid spam-scanning it on the way
out.

That might be a better approach, but your proposed bypass should be just fine.

Regards,
        Daniel