[Techtalk] Program to determine IPs used in a network

Michael Fisher desnotes at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 00:31:51 UTC 2009

Hi All,
I am setting up an Digi XBee wireless network for home automation use. It is
a cool system with several sensors measuring temperature, humidity, light,
electricity, etc. and then logs the information for presentation (i.e. web,
database). The system, from the coordinator on down, uses Python so in
theory, it should be OS neutral. Currently the system instructions are all
written for Windows. I am going through all parts of the startup and looking
to find Linux versions of Window's tools that are in use.

The first Digi tool that is Windows-centric is a program that determines the
IP address the gateway uses. What I am looking for is a package that
analyzes a network and lets me know the who, what and where in regards to IP
addresses on a local network. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Mike
--
Michael Fisher
desNotes at gmail.com
Sent from Odessa, Florida, United States