[Techtalk] postfix master.cf file

Maria McKinley maria at shadlen.org
Fri Jun 19 06:51:45 UTC 2009

Greetings,

I am switching from just using spamassassin to using spamassassin with
amavisd-new and clamav. When I was using just spamassassin, I was uisng
command-base filtering, but now I am switching to daemon-based
filtering. When I first set up the original configs, we had a problem
with our own outgoing mails going through our own spam filter, which
seemed pretty lame, and caused some people some problems, so I set up
two ips, one which we would use for sending out mail, and one for
incoming mail. Looked something like this:

# all mail coming in to mail.shadlen.org gets spam filtered.
mail.ourcompany.com:smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -
     smtpd
   -o myhostname=mail.shadlen.org
   -o content_filter=sfilter:
#smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd -o
content_filter=sfilter:
# let people access smtp without having outgoing mail spamfiltered
smtp.ourcompany.com:587    inet    n       -       n       -       -
    smtpd
# allow people to use port 25 as long as they are behind firewall
(blocked at firewall)
smtp.ourcompany.com:smtp   inet    n       -       n       -       -
    smtpd

Now that I am switching to daemon-based, I think I can just add
-o content_filter=

to the smtp lines that I don't want filtered, and that will do the same
thing, but wanted a sanity check.

Comments? Will there be unintended consequences or is there a better way
to do this?

thanks,
maria