[Techtalk] HP3970 scanner with sane

Anne Wainwright anotheranne at fables.co.za
Mon Sep 1 19:51:01 UTC 2008

Rudy, & Akkana,

Thanks for the tips.

I do indeed have hotplug, and probably udev now as well.

The hp3970 is labelled as NEW on the SANE site so in that respect it is cutting edge. I have found that it does have a standalone option that works ..  $3900   but it is a command line option and not the sort of thing for quick multiple scans.

I'll try the live distro route first, have a knoppix hiding somewhere.

Yes, with recent troubles time to update. I still have a 'potato' distro running faithfully at work, dual boot on a dos machine, it was the easiest way to network it and get files off onto other Win machines - that was where i started!

Thanks
Anne

--
so much to do, so little time :(