[Techtalk] Error installing DBD::mysql

Anne Wainwright anotheranne at fables.co.za
Mon Oct 27 21:09:53 UTC 2008

Michelle, hello,

I think that is the core of the problem. i have a mixed system and a number of upgrades and installs have been very problematic. I carefully backtracked over installation of the the related modules for my application, and checked the errors occurring with a friend on a local perl group, and my perl installation is clearly up to maggots. Somehow I have to agree that I probably wrecked it.

I am currently making a careful examination of what to back up and then I'll do an install of a new system completely. Either Debian or Ubuntu. Short of building my own perl and the module(s) itself that is probably the way to go.

Thanks for the (on the head of the nail) comment.
Anne

--
so much to do, so little time :(