[Techtalk] Asus EeePC

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Sat Jun 21 04:13:19 UTC 2008

Hello everyone. My name is Billie Walsh, I've been kibitzing for a while
and enjoying the information that comes across. I consider myself a
Linux Newbie. I've only been using for about four years. Lots to learn
yet. I tried a LOT of distros before I settled on OpenSuSE. For the past
year or so I've been using mostly Kubuntu.

I got me a new toy today. An Asus EeePC 4G with Linux installed. Darned
thing is about as cute as mouse ears. I have no idea what I'll do with
it yet but I'm sure I will enjoy it. I Do like my toys.

Anyway, on to my question(s):

Does anyone have any experience with these things?

What I'm wondering about is different software. I looked at the built in
"Add Remove Software" stuff and didn't see a lot of choice available.
I'm not sure what else I might want, but one never knows. I am NOT much
use at CLI stuff and so far I haven't seen an option for a terminal
screen anywhere anyway.