[Techtalk] Asus EeePC

Roberta Gallini regina.amazzone at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 10:47:59 UTC 2008

Hi Billie,

Does anyone have any experience with these things?

I am using it right now and it works like a charm.

The distro used Xandros has been customized to be very fast to use.

> What I'm wondering about is different software. I looked at the built in
> "Add Remove Software" stuff and didn't see a lot of choice available.

That's true but  you can use Synaptic, since the distro is Debian

I'm not sure what else I might want, but one never knows. I am NOT much
> use at CLI stuff and so far I haven't seen an option for a terminal
> screen anywhere anyway.

To open a terminal you must press

ctrl-alt-t

to start synaptic you can use this command

sudo /usr/sbin/synaptic

You'll be presented with a few repository to choose from, but you can add a
few nice things.

i don't know if all "deb" packages are working but you can find a lot of
forum to put on the right direction.

People had also installed a smaller version of Ubuntu (eeeubuntu) , but I
think that Xandros works just fine.

Bye
Roberta