[Techtalk] netbooting Linux raid

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Tue Feb 26 17:50:59 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 26 February 2008 7:25:26 am Jean-Daniel Pauget wrote:

>     I do use such design and it can be very convenient. now, I find the
>     design of usbdisk, or even live-CD distros, somehow more efficient than
>     nfs today, though, with gigabyte network, nfs is faster and easy to
>     maintain

Booting from removable media does sound better.  I've had some interesting
adventures booting from USB sticks; the two remaining vendors of PC BIOSes
sure are behind the times. But when it works it's great, and a lot easier
than making a customized bootable CD with all your configs.

Carla

--
Carla Schroder

many more Linux howtos at