[Techtalk] opinions wanted!

Tricia Bowen tricia.bowen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 14:02:07 UTC 2007

Wow. Reading the toc made me feel old school. Not even a mention of emacs
and who is this JOE character, package managers has more entries than
installing from source, starting and stopping services instead of processes.
Looks like I'm going to have to buy your book when it comes out to give
myself an upgrade.
--Tricia

On Nov 29, 2007 10:43 PM, Carla Schroder <carla at bratgrrl.com> wrote:

>  I'm writing the outline for the 2nd edition of the Linux Cookbook, whee,
> how the years do fly by. What topics are your burning desire? In addition to
> correcting embarassing blunders and updating old stuff, I'll add chapters on
> software RAID, LVM, and Zeroconf/Avahi.
>
> What else should go in there? Check the table of contents for inspiration:
>
> http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/linuxckbk/toc.html
>
> Carla
> --
> Carla Schroder
> check out the shiny new Linux Networking Cookbook!
> Chock full o' step-by-step howtos for network admins!
> http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596102487/
>
> many more Linux howtos at
> http://tuxcomputing.com/

--Tricia