[Techtalk] ubuntu 7.04 desktop effects and upper bar buttons

Roberta Gallini regina.amazzone at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 05:30:33 UTC 2007

Last week I had the great idea (insert snicker here) to upgrade to Feisty.
Apart from the fact that I didn't notice this great improvement, I
have problems with toolbars.
Everytime I log in and I open a new windows, the upper bar isn't there
and to make it work I have to try and activate Desktop Effects, even
if after a while I'm told that they cannot be activated.
I have "googled" but so far I found people who solved either
reinstalling everything (I tried that and it was exactly the same) or
they have a different video card.
I have an integrated VIA that never gave me problems with Dapper or Edgy.
Any idea?
Roberta