[Techtalk] raid array

Rudy Zijlstra rudy at grumpydevil.homelinux.org
Wed Aug 1 20:41:41 UTC 2007

Maria McKinley wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I have a raid array question. I am trying to monitor my raid array,
> which is a RAID 5 connected with an adaptec card. It shows up as
> /dev/sda1, which I can mount. I was not the one who configured the

Maria,

can you take a look at which adaptec card you have? Adaptec has a number
or RAID cards, where the RAID is managed by the card itself, and not by
host SW. Considering it is showing up as sda, it looks like HW RAID.

My LSI MegaRaid cards do exactly the same. With LSI you can download
linux management SW from their website. It may well be adaptec has
something similar.

Cheers,

Rudy

(who just lost one raid card and is waiting for replacement to arive)