[Techtalk] Webcam Recommendations?

Andrea Landaker qirien at icecavern.net
Tue Apr 10 19:15:57 UTC 2007

> So, I need to find webcams that would work!
> Does anyone have any particular camera models that they'd recommend?  Any
> that you wouldn't recommend?

Hmm, I have a Creative one that works fine, but I don't have much experience
with other models . . . you might want to check out the Webcam Linux How-To
at:
http://www.linux.com/howtos/Webcam-HOWTO/index.shtml
(though, hopefully you shouldn't have to mess with most of the stuff they talk
about, since you get to choose the webcam, and you can choose one that is
known to work well).

This site also has lists of USB devices (try searching for "webcam") and their
drivers and whether they work well or not:
http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/index.php

Hopefully this is helpful; good luck!

--
Andrea Landaker