[Techtalk] Webcam Recommendations?

Clayton smaug42 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 07:07:04 UTC 2007

> > So, I need to find webcams that would work!
> > Does anyone have any particular camera models that they'd recommend?  Any
> > that you wouldn't recommend?
>
> Hmm, I have a Creative one that works fine, but I don't have much experience

I have an older Philips 680 that works "out of the box" on openSUSE
10.2 (10fps at 640x480, and up to 30fps at 320xsomething).  I just
plug it in and it works.  I don't think (can't remember actually) I
had to do anything special except install Camstream and the pwc driver
from the openSUSE repositories.  No additional configuration or
anything was needed to get it working.

Problem is... this webcam is old and not available anymore... does
show up for almost free on computer market/classifieds as people are
getting rid of old hardware :-)  That's how I got mine.

C.