[Techtalk] Webcam Recommendations?

Charlotte Oliver cmoliver at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 16:59:37 UTC 2007

Heya folks -

This isn't directly Linux related, but it is techy, so.

We are looking at a project at work where we'd like to use webcams to create
a sense of community among our four offices (which are in three different
countries).

So, I need to find webcams that would work!

Ideally, I'd like to have IP cameras with their own internal web server that
we could pull the image from instead of using a host, since we're putting
these cameras in public places where we'd prefer not to put a computer for
aesthetic and space reasons.  (We'd then put all four feeds on a webpage on
our company's Intranet)

Does anyone have any particular camera models that they'd recommend?  Any
that you wouldn't recommend?

Thanks!

Charlotte