[Techtalk] udev docs (off techtalk)

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Wed Jun 7 15:50:19 EST 2006

Akkana Peck writes:
> Wouldn't it be nice if they actually wrote documentation for this
> stuff when they yanked old working systems out and replaced them
> with brand new systems? But in any case, don't waste your time
> looking for the nonexistent sekkrit hotplug documentation, when
> what you need is the nonexistent sekkrit udev documentation.

... and I actually thought about suggesting that as a possible
book topic when my editor asked me what I might be interested
in writing about. But then I thought, naw, they'll change it
all again by the time a book could be ready, too dangerous
for someone who isn't plugged in to kernel dev.

But it could work nicely for an article or several. What are good
places to pitch a story like that these days? Newsforge/Linux.com?
LWN? (ugh, but Val recommended it and is writing something for them.)
Better places?

--
	...Akkana
    Check out my book, "Beginning GIMP: From Novice to Professional".