[Techtalk] help meee epson scanner Dapper die hotplug die

Wim De Smet kromagg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 23:46:40 EST 2006

On 6/7/06, Akkana Peck <akkana at shallowsky.com> wrote:
> Carla Schroder writes:
> > since it is a source of continual vexation. And I want to know why TF aren't
> > basic functions like scanning and printing on supported effing devices
> > working right yet on effing Linux, and where is the effing sekkrit
> > documentation for usb hotplug. <growl>
>
> Wouldn't it be nice if they actually wrote documentation for this
> stuff when they yanked old working systems out and replaced them
> with brand new systems? But in any case, don't waste your time
> looking for the nonexistent sekkrit hotplug documentation, when
> what you need is the nonexistent sekkrit udev documentation.

(sry for not putting this one in with the other mail)
I just checked and under debian there's /usr/share/doc/udev which
seems to hold all the information you really need. (including how to
disable udev, but probably not advisable on ubuntu who knows what
it'll break) Ubuntu mainly relies on its wiki of course, I had a look
around there but didn't see any user docs for udev. I did find this
thread[1] on the forums but they don't offer up a solution. Seems
ubuntu kind of messed up in the udev department. :-(

Wim

[1] http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=121540