[Techtalk] help meee epson scanner Dapper die hotplug die

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Wed Jun 7 15:26:31 EST 2006

On Tuesday 06 June 2006 9:56 pm, Akkana Peck wrote:

> Wouldn't it be nice if they actually wrote documentation for this
> stuff when they yanked old working systems out and replaced them
> with brand new systems? But in any case, don't waste your time
> looking for the nonexistent sekkrit hotplug documentation, when
> what you need is the nonexistent sekkrit udev documentation.

Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow. hotplug.txt, in the kernel sources, has a lot
of information, thought it's aimed more at kernel haxxors than lusers. (and
thank goodness all that stuff is available online, because the kernel-docs
package is like 30 megabytes.)

udev.txt is less than illuminating.

I think I'm going Luddite.