[Techtalk] Copying a file + archive to one file

Cynthia Kiser cnk at ugcs.caltech.edu
Fri Feb 24 09:24:50 EST 2006

If you want to end up with a single file containing the contents of
other files, you could use "cat" to append. But I doubt you will end
up with an executable file - even if you do name it something.exe

If you want to add stuff to your zip archive, you can do that. From
the zip man page:

  When given the name of an existing zip archive, zip will replace
  identically named entries in the zip archive or add entries for new
  names.  For example, if foo.zip exists and contains foo/file1 and
  foo/file2, and the directory foo contains the files foo/file1 and
  foo/file3, then:

		zip -r foo foo

  will replace foo/file1 in foo.zip and add foo/file3 to foo.zip.  After
  this, foo.zip contains foo/file1, foo/file2, and foo/file3, with
  foo/file2 unchanged from before.