[Techtalk] I want help with a computerized dyslexia project. Who can I ask?

Wim De Smet kromagg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 04:40:15 EST 2006

On 2/15/06, Chris Bogardus <carjug at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have an idea for a color alphabet that may help
> dyslexic kids to read. This project (vendetta) will
> require computer programming, about which I know
> nothing. How do I get in touch with some nerds who
> would relish a fairly easy challenge? Hackers will
> probably have more success at this project than
> academic researchers because they are not grant-happy.
> Teachers do not have time for this sort of thing, and
> the old geezers who play on computers are so
> interested in their own thoughts as to be useless. I
> want to meet a programmin' fanatic who is pissed about
> the way someone he or she knows was treated in school
> and wants to do something about it!
>   The file I have attached is a fairly poor example of
> my idea, you can laugh at my use of windows all you
> want!
>                          carjug, a juggler

The list(or gmail) seems to have eaten your file. Perhaps it is best
to set up some webpages somewhere, detailing the idea, including some
screenshots here and there and then pointing to the link so people can
read up about what it is you want to do. I think people on this list
have lots of projects going on already so they're probably not going
to offer any support before they know exactly what they're getting
themselvers into.

Calling your prospective team members "nerds" might not be the most
constructive way to go about it btw. ;-) Geeks seems to be used in a
much more positive way all around.

greets,
Wim