[Techtalk] Attachment stripping and storing for Mailman

Cynthia Kiser cnk at ugcs.caltech.edu
Tue Dec 19 05:07:30 UTC 2006

Quoting Terri Oda <terri at zone12.com>:
> My quick search of the FAQ didn't turn it up.  Barry or one of the
> mailman-developers or mailman-users list members might remember the
> bit of code you're looking for, though.

If anyone does find a prebuilt mailman script for replacing
attachments with links, please post back to the list. I am about to
start work on replacing an ancient, database driven mailing system
with mailman (plus some custom oddness for printing mailing labels for
folks without email). In the past we have insisted 'no attachments'
but if there were an easy way to help folks distribute images and pdfs
without clogging up our mail system with attachments, that might be a
nice enhancement for the new system.

--
Cynthia N. Kiser
cnk at ugcs.caltech.edu