[Techtalk] Attachment stripping and storing for Mailman

Mary Gardiner mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Tue Dec 19 21:42:47 UTC 2006

On Mon, Dec 18, 2006, Terri Oda wrote:
> I remember this being talked about, at some point, I think on the
> mailman-developers list (although it may have been in private
> conversation I had with someone), but I no longer remember who did it
> or where to find it, unfortunately.
>
> My quick search of the FAQ didn't turn it up.  Barry or one of the
> mailman-developers or mailman-users list members might remember the
> bit of code you're looking for, though.

It is actually a setting in certain Mailmans post 2.1. It's not there in
2.1.5 but it is there in 2.1.8, I don't know about in-between.

Basically, once in the admin section, you go to "Non-digest options" and
there will be a setting called "Scrub attachments of regular delivery
message?"

However, this feature seems to be so seldom used, particularly in
combination with private archives, that it is terribly terribly broken on
Ubuntu and no one has even reported the bug. So I'm not using it at
present until I have time to report the bug and probably track down a
fix. It may work in standard Mailman releases.

-Mary