[Techtalk] Best free blog space that works with Lynx or command-line?

Wim De Smet kromagg at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 18:36:23 UTC 2006

On 12/9/06, Kelly Jones <kelly.terry.jones at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for free blog space with the following features.
>
> Most important: I can add entries via command-line, or, at worst, using lynx
>
> Less important: Ideally, ad-free (does anyone still offer free,
> ad-free webspace/blogspace?)
>
> Would be nice: lets me schedule a blog entry-- I post it now, but it
> doesn't show up for, say, 10 days.
>
> I looked at myblog.com, but couldn't get it to work w/ Lynx.

wordpress.com has blogs. Then there's livejournal.com, blogger.com and
probably a host of others I'm forgetting.

There's a submit by e-mail feature that may or may not work on wordpress.com:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Blog_by_Email
(you could conceivably use this with "mail" from the command line)

It would be nice if it could at least read in some authenticating
string from the e-mail you send it, but using wordpress I've found it
is in many ways not a very secure piece of software. Anyway, I don't
know if using the normal post editor will work with lynx, but you
might want to try links instead.

greets,
Wim