[Techtalk] Removing Grub from MBR

Megan Duchamps meg_duchamps at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 22 03:33:33 EST 2005

I have a laptop that shared Windows ME and SuSE. Yesterday, I reinstalled
Windows ME on the entire HD. Relax, SuSE is moving to another, bigger disk
;) Well, the whole recovery CD process worked fine, until it rebooted. I got
a grub prompt, and am not able to get past it. There are some commands there
when I type help or hit tab at the prompt, but I cannot execute them. I
don't know if the question is appropriate here, but how do I remove grub, or
the remnants of it from the MBR? Is there some sort of free utility that is
able to do that?

Megan