[Techtalk] 302 crashes a browser?

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane at xtrinsic.com
Sat Jan 22 14:49:55 EST 2005

On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 01:08:06PM -0800, Mike wrote:
> what do you mean "crashed her Browser?" Does it lock up or does it just go
> away?

I'm using an Apache redirect in an .htaccess file (no root access to the
main httpd.conf file).
	Redirect /index.html http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/index.html
The user (my aunt) reports that "The application
Netscape Communicator has unexpectedly quit, because  an error of type 3
occurred." She's really very non-technical and we don't email a lot so I'm
a little uncomfortable following up. I couldn't think of *any* reason why
the redirect wouldn't work though.

thanks :)

emma

> > what version of netscape?  you used the redirect directive?
> >
> > that does sound a little strange...
> >
> > kristina
> >
> > On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 22:30:21 -0500, Emma Jane Hogbin
> > <ej.hogbin at humber.ca> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I've just helped one of my friends to set up a redirect within Apache
> >> to point <www.yarnharlot.ca/index.html> to
> >> <www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/index.html> As far as I can tell it's working
> >> perfectly, however, I just got an email from a Netscape/Mac user
> >> saying that the site crashed her browser...how would that be possible?
> >> I can't think of any reason *why* this would happen though. Any ideas?
> >>
> >> emma
> >>
> >> --
> >> Emma Jane Hogbin
> >> Professor, Internet Management Programme
> >> School of Media Studies and Information Technology
> >> Humber College - www.humber.ca

> Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies
> the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry
> penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful
> about what they say if they had.
> -- Linus Torvalds

Emma Jane Hogbin
Mobile  : 416 417 2868