[Techtalk] see a Windows Xp desktop on linux?

aec brat at magma.ca
Sun Jan 9 12:21:41 EST 2005

On Sun, Jan 09, 2005 at 12:24:11AM +0000, Conor Daly wrote:

> Sounds like a KVM switch is what you need.  One keyboard, monitor, mouse,
> two {or more} computers.  A basic switch is not very pricey.  It does mean
> moving your XP machine a bit closer though...

Nah, its too far away and I dont want to move it. But thanks!

Carla I tried vnc, it was really slow, like click...wait 3 seconds and
a window opens. Ok if i need to quickly cp a file, but not good if I
have to actually use an app for any length of time.

I might have set it up wrong, I think its serving up the desktop at
native resolution so I will try to lower that and give it another go
tonight.
--
Angelina Carlton