[Techtalk] see a Windows Xp desktop on linux?

Conor Daly conor.daly at cod.utvinternet.com
Sun Jan 9 11:24:11 EST 2005

On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 12:15:21PM -0500 or so it is rumoured hereabouts,
aec thought:
> Hello
>
> I have a windows XP computer that I need at home to do some work
> things I am unable to do in linux. I do not have a monitor for this
> computer and every time I need to use it, I have to lift my 19 inch
> montitor over to the other desk and plug it in. I can barley carry
> this thing, its huge.

Sounds like a KVM switch is what you need.  One keyboard, monitor, mouse,
two {or more} computers.  A basic switch is not very pricey.  It does mean
moving your XP machine a bit closer though...

Conor

Domestic Sysadmin :-)