[Techtalk] problem with locales

|| स्वक्ष || स्वक्ष
Thu Dec 1 17:58:13 EST 2005

Hello,

I just got the breezy ship-it cd's and it rocks.. :-) I like so many
things about it but that's for later.
Well after installing it, to go online I had to edit the
/etc/resolv.conf for the nameservers, and this command

$ sudo gedit /etc/resolv.conf

gave the following errors :

(gedit:31380): Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by Xlib

(gedit:31380): Gdk-WARNING **: cannot set locale modifiers

Could it be that some packages are not loaded from the CD since they
had come out of the packaging when I got them.

Did anyone have the same problem? or is it a bug or something else...

thanks,