[Techtalk] Intro & SMTP question...

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Tue Mar 30 15:52:49 EST 2004

Cari wrote:
> When I attempted to send a test message to my address from my work
> email, it bounces back with a "Host not found." message.
>
> I've googled this to death and I need to get some help!   I hope one of
> you has the answers, or at least can start a thred discussing how to set
> this up properly.

Hi Cari!  Welcome.

I've got limited experience with email servers, but the "Host not found"
message along with your description of mail not arriving makes me
suspect a possible DNS misconfiguration.  Have you made sure the email
entries in your DNS are correct?  (If that's even the right way to
discuss it - I'm also not particularly expert on that... and will shut
up now to let those who ARE chime in!)

Rachel