Reinventing the wheel (Re: [Techtalk] Sendmail question #2)

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Tue Mar 30 09:03:57 EST 2004

On Mon, Mar 29, 2004, Martin, Caitlyn wrote:
> Hi, Conor
>
> > I know you said you've inherited sendmail but is there a possibility that
> > you could use exim instead?
>
> The workload here does not permit me to reinvent the wheel.  I need to fix
> what I have and move on.

There's also the problem that if you did switch, and eventually had a
problem with Exim, someone would say "is there a chance you could switch
to Postfix? In Postfix, you do BLAH."

Programmers have the same problem ("if you wrote this in Perl, you
could...") Eventually, you have to make a decision and stick to it.

-Mary