[Techtalk] iPod with Linux - and gtk+-2.0

EevaJärvinen eeva.jarvinen1 at luukku.com
Sun Jun 20 19:59:26 EST 2004

On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 10:44:44AM +0100, David Sumbler wrote:
> I have now had time to pursue this further, and using 'grip' and
> 'lame' I can rip and encode CDs.  Two questions here: in the grip
> configuration should I change the file suffix from "ogg" to "mp3"?
> And do I need m3u files?

Yes, you should.

> I have also downloaded 'gtkpod'.  It tells me that I need gtk+-2.0 .
> But my FC1 system has gtk+-1.2.10 installed on it.  What should I do?
>
> Do I just install gtk+-2.0, or is that going to mess up other stuff?
>
> Or should I try to install gtk+-2.0 in a different place from normal,
> and tell gtkpod about it?

I think (I'm not at work where I have FC1 up and running) FC should
have gtk2 as standard.  But if yours does not, up2date gtk2 should fix
that.  Also, see if you can just "up2date gtkpod"; if it works, it
should install all the dependencies automatically.

Eeva

--
Nätti tekee maailmaa nätimmäksi/ luonnollinen karisma on se niksi

                                                     - Jukka Poika