[Techtalk] iPod with Linux - and gtk+-2.0

David Sumbler david at aeolia.co.uk
Sun Jun 20 23:47:33 EST 2004

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004, Eeva Järvinen wrote:

> > I have also downloaded 'gtkpod'.  It tells me that I need gtk+-2.0 .
> > But my FC1 system has gtk+-1.2.10 installed on it.  What should I do?
> >
> > Do I just install gtk+-2.0, or is that going to mess up other stuff?
> >
> > Or should I try to install gtk+-2.0 in a different place from normal,
> > and tell gtkpod about it?
>
> I think (I'm not at work where I have FC1 up and running) FC should
> have gtk2 as standard.  But if yours does not, up2date gtk2 should fix
> that.  Also, see if you can just "up2date gtkpod"; if it works, it
> should install all the dependencies automatically.

My FC1 system (which is completely up2date-ed) has gtk2, but has
gtk+-1.2.10, when gtkpod is asking for gtk+-2.0 .  gtk2 isn't the
problem.

And there don't seem to be any ready-built rpm-s for gtkpod on FC1.

As a matter of interest, are there any other large storage MP3 players
that work well with Linux, apart from the iPod?

David