[Techtalk] Debian apt-get update problem

Katie Bechtold katie at katie-and-rob.org
Mon Jan 12 13:09:16 EST 2004

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 08:20:33AM -0800, Raquel Rice wrote:
> Katie, I'm really new to Debian, and trying to understand some of it
> myself.  But, it appears that some of your sites may not be any
> longer available?  Try commenting (#) out those sites in your
> sources.list which don't work, and run apt-get update again.

I think that was at least close to the problem, because I seem to
have solved it by commenting out some lines in my sources.list,
specifically the ones that are commented out below:

$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list

deb ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stable main non-free contrib
deb-src ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stable main non-free contrib
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free
deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free

#deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stable main non-free contrib
#deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stable main non-free contrib

deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free

--
Katie Bechtold         http://katie-and-rob.org/

If people see that you mean them no harm, they'll never hurt you, nine
times out of ten!