[Techtalk] Setting a homepage only at first startup of browser (Opera)

Magni Onsoien magnio+lc-techtalk at pvv.ntnu.no
Wed Aug 11 07:33:59 EST 2004

The clever information department at my university has come up with the
idea of forcing everybody to have their lousy intranet as "start page"
(they are not using the term "home page"). I don't mind having the
intranet as my first page when I start the browser (hence "start page"),
but when I push the "home"-button, I want my personal link page to come
up.

I am using Opera on Linux as my browser. Is this behaviour possible to
get, either via regular Opera-magic (making a page a "splash page"?) or
via javascript magic?

Tricks for other browsers, like Mozilla and perhaps IE, would also be
interesting, I guess, both for Linux and Windows.

Magni :)
--
sash is very good for you.