[Techtalk] Up to date MIME Type list

linda at meridian-ds.com linda at meridian-ds.com
Tue Apr 27 16:13:26 EST 2004

Hi Chix.

Someone on another LC list suggested I try the TechTalk list with this
question.

I'm looking for a good, up to date list of MIME types.  I'm trying to choke
down what can go through a mailing list, while still letting plain old text
files through.

As you're all too aware, a batch of the current virii say they have a .txt
extension.  I don't even know what their MIME type actually is, or if it's
spoofed.  If someone knows of a good site to go read, I'd really appreciate
a link.  I've been trying to wade through the RFCs, but they're a bit
obscure when there's a client breathing down your neck and the phone is
ringing and the support tickets are coming in and....you get the idea.

TIA,
LP

Linda Pahdoco