[Techtalk] how to get PID without using pidof command?

ruchika khera ruchika_khera at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 20 01:22:30 EST 2003

   Stratus,

   The end product is not ready yet. I am new to shell scripting and the
   embedded platform, so I am trying out a few options to find the best
   solution.
   I actually have to write a program that sends data over a PPP
   connection but I do not want to hold the calling program while the PPP
   connection is being established. So I was thinking of sending signals
   from the PPP script to the main program once the connection is
   established, or if it gets dropped, or if ppp script fails for any
   reason. Hence, my question.
   Does this approach sound right? Any suggestions?

   Thanks,
   Ruchika

   Attention NRIs! Banking worries? [1]Get smart tips.