[Techtalk] a working MTA...a SIMPLE one!

Noir acknak_halflife at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 21 01:20:44 EST 2003

At 07:05 AM 10/20/2003 -0500, Staci wrote:
>fetchmail WAS working and so was nbsmtp, but then neither of them did and
>haven't since...i don't know why, nothing changed that i can see.  (if y'all
>want more info ask, i don't want to send a huge email quite yet.)

nbsmtp is not maintained by its developer any longer. But, then again, you
can check:

http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/mutt.html or Gentoo's Documentation
at: www. gentoo . org

>Does anyone have a simple smtp thingy that they know inside and out and could
>help me get set up?

Only simple smtp thingie I know of is sendmail that comes out of the box w/
RHL; you don't have to do anything to relay mail w/ that unless you want to
change the "Gw" variable. I'd suggest you use Postfix. Check out a
documentation here: http://www.double-helix.org/linux/postfix.php

A perfect combo of Mutt/ Postfix/ Procmail/ Fetchmail and GnuPG is one of
the most powerful things in the world.

--Noir.