[Techtalk] Asking for new PC recommended specs

Julie txjulie at austin.rr.com
Wed Oct 1 08:57:07 EST 2003

Hamster wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 07:45:00 -0500
> Julie <txjulie at austin.rr.com> wrote:
>

>>There =are= quieter fans out there (I have two or three in the box
>>by my left foot), but when you have 5 or 6 case fans, 2 power
>>supply fans, 2 processor fans, and a disk drive fan, it all adds
>>up.  If noise is an issue you might want to look at water coolers.
>

> This is one of those circumstances where replacing two 6cm case fans with
> one 12cm case fan make a world of difference as far as noise is concerned.
> Of course it depends on your exact setup, but it Worked For Me(tm) :-)

Those are all 12cm fans, except the CPU fans.

Basically, there's a lot of air going into and out of that box.
It still stays very toasty, tho ...

CPU1 Temp = 58.000 C degree
CPU2 Temp = 54.000 C degree
VRM1 Temp = 43.000 C degree
VRM2 Temp = 61.000 C degree
DDR Temp = 32.000 C degree
AGP Temp = 48.000 C degree

The DDR's have heat sinks on them, which is probably why they
are as cool as they are.  I don't know what a "VRM2" is or I'd
put something on it.
--
Julianne Frances Haugh             Life is either a daring adventure
txjulie at austin.rr.com                  or nothing at all.