[Techtalk] Reply-to-list in mutt (Re: [Issues] ... )

Marleen Garcia d.lineate at skynet.be
Thu Nov 27 21:14:37 EST 2003

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 01:48:27PM +1100, Mary <mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org> wrote:

> This is well into a tangent now, but reply-to-list is shift+l in mutt.
>
> However, you need to add the following to your .muttrc:
>
>     subscribe issues at linuxchix.org
>
> Then, whenever issues at linuxchix.org is among the recipients of a
> message, and you pres shift+l, the reply will go to the list only.
>
> Setting up the initial list of mailing lists is a pain. I wish mutt
> would do something like Evolution and KMail can do, which is guess a
> list address from the headers (although I've considered writing a
> procmail script to extract them from mails and put them in the above
> format automatically). However, once you've set it up, it works fine.

Also great to try:

Press F1 (yes, I know ... it's hilarious) in Mutt, and you'll get
the helpfile displayed.

GOTO "3.9 Mailing lists", and take your time ...

My .muttrc says:

      lists     techtalk at linuxchix.org
      subscribe techtalk at linuxchix.org

Both lines *are* needed, I think to use anything related to List
functions. It's been a while since the .rc was put together here,
but the manual should tell you why.

Marleen

---
Home set-up: SuSE 8.0 & Smoothwall   ~    http://www.bluneon.org