[Techtalk] Samba Printer - Access Denied, unable to connect

Subba Rao subba9 at cablespeed.com
Mon Mar 17 06:31:57 EST 2003

Hi,

I have a Samba server with a local printer attached to the Linux system.
In the past, I could print documents fine from my Windows PC.  Now, I cannot
figure out why I cannot access my system.  It has been like that for a while
and I put it on the back burner.  Initially, I thought it was the printer port
screws were loose and were responsible for not printing.  I have them tightened
and deleted/installed the printer and am still have the problem.

After installing the network printer on Windows, the "Printers" list will list
the status of the Samba printer as "Access denied, unable to connect".

On Linux, I can submit print jobs fine.  In Windows, I am getting the above
error.  My /etc/samba/smb.conf is listed below.  Do you see anything wrong in
this setup?  There are no log entries in the /var/log/samba.log file.  It is an
empty file.

System = Debian 3.0 (woody)

Thank you in advance for any help.
--
Subba Rao
subba9 at cablespeed.com

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from saint.saintnet.src (10.6.0.41)
# Date: 2003/02/17 04:02:28

# Global parameters
[global]
	workgroup = HOME
	netbios name = MYHOST
	server string = Samba Server
	interfaces = 127.0.0.1 10.6.0.45/24
	bind interfaces only = Yes
	security = SHARE
	encrypt passwords = Yes
	smb passwd file = /etc/samba/private/smbpasswd
	syslog only = Yes
	log file = /var/log/samba.log
	max log size = 50000
	socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
	domain logons = Yes
	preferred master = True
	domain master = True
	hosts allow = 10.0.0.0/255.0.0.0