[Techtalk] Re: Modem woes >>> Fixed &....

anti tanvir anti_tanvir at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 16 01:12:12 EST 2003

 >  --- Travis Casey <efindel at earthlink.net> wrote: >
> On
> Friday 14 March 2003 8:44, anti tanvir wrote:
> >
> > > I tried route del default and then route add
> > default
> > > xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx after which it looked like
> > >
> > > Destination     Gateway     Use Iface
> > > 0.0.0.0     xxx.xxx.121.254   ppp0
> > >
> > > I also found the entry nameserver kitkat & it's
> > eth0
> > > IP 198.1.1.0 in there. Both of which I blocked.
> >
> > Umm... in where?  Do you mean in /etc/hosts ?
> >
> > > But it still can't ping any host.

Hi, I could sussessfully login to the net from
Linux.
But when I do route -n it shows my default GW as my
NIC and everytime I have to delete it to add my ISPs
IP
as default route.

I was wondering how can I make this change
permanently
so that it doesn't recognize my NIC as a default GW
everytime the pc boots up.

Thanks much for your help.

-T.