[Techtalk] Open source databases for end-users

WolfRyder wolfryder at qwest.net
Thu Jun 19 16:50:15 EST 2003

I've tried out most of the offered front ends for MySQL and for
administration I use phpMyAdmin. For something to tab through fields, I
haven't really seen anything that is "simple". With phpMyAdmin, you can go
from record to record, tabbing down the fields and filling it, but only one
record at a time, then submit. Most will let you do that. None, however,
seem to be geared to mass data input.

There are utilities that supposedly translate Access data into MySQL,
though I've never tried them myself.

Carol