[Techtalk] More jobposts wanted :)

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Fri Jan 17 12:17:12 EST 2003

This is off-topic, sorry, but I thought some of you guys might help us
use the force...

Follow-ups to grrltalk.

I remind people of this every six months or so...

LinuxChix has a jobposts list - the address is jobposts at linuxchix.org

Now is a particularly bad time to be looking for work in computing in
many places. There are also a lot of LinuxChix who are outside J.
Recruiter's idea of a 'good' techie - some of us don't have a degree, or
are 'too young' or 'too old' to be a techie, or just don't have 15 years
of PHP (*grin*).

If you are aware of any techie jobs (support, coding, admin, technical
writing...) being advertised by your employer, or your friends, or their
employer, or you yourself are lucky enough to be hiring, please email
jobposts at linuxchix.org

Just give a link to the ad and some idea of the location of the job, if
nothing else. You do NOT have to subscribe to jobposts to send jobs to
it, although we do moderate it.

A lot of Free Software groups are good places to network for jobs.
LinuxChix could be a fantastic way for techie women to network with each
other, but I feel we are not yet using the force :)

More information at
http://mailman.linuxchix.org/mailman/listinfo/jobposts

-Mary