[Techtalk] Re: [Newchix] Wireless?

Andrew showork at adelphia.net
Fri Jan 17 14:49:01 EST 2003

Hi Gretchen_t,

	I had been interested in wireless for some time. I use Mandrake   and bought
several cards which for reasons mainly of time, have not yet been implemented.
	My reading tells me most and likely all of what you need is already in the
new distributions like you have. It was pleasant surprise. So look in the
distro doc's, first then Suse site. Baring some funky very old hardware many
people report success.
	I can rummage around and find a few How to's collected over the last year if
you need. There exists at least two Linux sites devoted to wireless. Few
manufacturers have written drivers, most are made by the community. Be aware
some of the older doc's are no longer necessary, especially for not so old
hardware and distro's.

	Andrew