O/T Re: [Techtalk] Re: Tip for buying old hardware :-)

txjulie at austin.rr.com txjulie at austin.rr.com
Fri Feb 21 23:05:07 EST 2003

Jessica Smith wrote:

> Hi Brenda,
>
> At 21/02/03 09:15 PM -0500, you wrote:
>
> >To my credit... I remember Trash 80's, VisiCalc, System 3, Realia
>
> Now, now girlfriend - don't you go diss'in no Trash 80s!  ;-)
>
> I learned BASIC (and avoided Assembler!) on my old Tandy Color (sic)
> Computer, and have many fond memories... Mind you, even though it's still
> sitting in the closet, I'm more likely to run an emulator on my PC these
> days - just for nostalgia mind you.  :-)

You might even run a CoCo emulator that's 10 or 100 times faster
than a real CoCo.  I have an Imsai 8080 emulator lying around
that I've considered programming to do tricks.  But it doesn't
have a virtual disk or tape, and I'm not in the mood to toggle
the same stupid program in time after time.
--
Julianne Frances Haugh             Life is either a daring adventure
txjulie at austin.rr.com                  or nothing at all.